Sports Vision Training emphasizes the importance of vision related to an individual's performance in the area of sport. Sports vision is dependent on each individual player's physical stamina, speed, strength, eye-hand coordination, and visual abilities.
There are essential elements of visual skill related to sport performance:
- Dynamic Visual Acuity: ability to see objects clearly while you or the object is moving fast
- Visual concentration: ability to screen out these distraction and stay focused on the ball or target
- Eye tracking: follow objects without much head motion while maintaining better balance and react to the situation more quickly
- Eye-hand-body coordination: how your body respond to information gathered through your eyes
- Visual memory: ability to process and remember a fast moving and complex scene and adapt to changes.
- Visualization: to see yourself performing well in your "mind's eye" while your eyes are seeing and concentrating on something else. Using scanning techniques, researchers found that the same areas on the brain light up when you are actually performing and visualizing your performance
- Peripheral vision
- Visual reaction time: speed with which your brain interprets and your body reacts to action
- Depth perception: enables quick and accurate judge of distance of objects, players, etc.
Dr. Hamada is a consultant for the Nike SPARQ Sensory Training program. We can assess and create custom training programs based on your vision profile. Dr. Hamada is one of the experts in the field of Sports Vision Performance and Sports Vision Training. He currently works with some of the elite athletes and programs worldwide. We offer private and group Sports Vision Training sessions. Inquire today (714) 848 - 1400.